Facts You Should Know about Dental Implants
Seven out of 10 American adults between 35 and 44 have lost a tooth. By the time Americans reach 74, 25 percent of them have lost all their teeth. Although several options are available to replace these lost teeth, only one closely mimics the natural form and function of the tooth: dental implants. If you have lost one or more teeth, you may be a candidate for dental implants. Learning the facts about implants can help you feel more confident in your decision.
1. Today’s dental implants have been proven safe and effective, and they can last 20 years or more when maintained as recommended.
2. Implants are usually made of titanium, which is a biocompatible metal. The titanium implant is implanted into the jawbone, and the bone tissue incorporates the implant so that the implant becomes a permanent part of your body.
3. Implants are extremely versatile. Individual implants are often used with dental crowns, but several implants can be used together to support a bridge or even a denture. Your implant solution can be completely customized for your needs.
4. Once your implant has been placed and restored, it will never decay. However, the gums and other natural tissues around the tissue can still be vulnerable to oral bacteria, so you will need to continue brushing and flossing just like you always have.
5. Implants are easy. You can enjoy worry-free restorations that allow you to bite, chew, talk, laugh and smile easily and comfortably. You can also take care of them easily without the need for special tools, soaking or complex regimens.
Call us to learn more or to schedule your appointment with our dental implants dentist.
Back to Blog