Tips for Keeping Teeth Free of Stains
Nobody wants to show off yellow or darkened teeth when they smile. Bright, white teeth show others that we are happy, healthy, and take our dental health seriously. Fortunately, there are several easy ways to keep your teeth looking their best that can be practiced in everyday life.
• Avoid foods and drinks that are highly pigmented, as they tend to stain the teeth easily. Foods to avoid include berries, hard candies, curry, and red sauces. Liquids include black tea, energy drinks, and coffee.
• If you do consume a food that is known to stain the teeth, rinsing with water right after can lessen their effects. Furthermore, rinsing after drinking a smoothie will also help to prevent dental erosion.
• Smoking and chewing tobacco is not only horrible for your health, but can also drastically change the color of your teeth. Our dentist can provide you with resources to help you quit these bad habits.
• Be sure to brush your teeth twice a day, and floss at least once. There are whitening toothpastes and mouthwashes available to further help keep the teeth white.
• Opt for dental healthy foods, such as celery and cheese. These naturally rub against the teeth and help remove stains.
• Consider a professional whitening treatment from our cosmetic dentist. Most methods see the teeth become eight to ten shades brighter. We use the best materials in a controlled environment so our patients can see the best results.
For more information about our teeth whitening treatment, call our office in West Hollywood today.
Back to Blog